A few thoughts on the layout for the main page:
- No runes are listed, so the "Runes and Gems" category can be renamed
- Item-Only Skills would fit better with other skills, instead of with item changes. The items that were changed to include the skills are listed in the Uniques/Runewords/Sets categories
- The gem changes may fit better in the "Special Items" page alongside changes for Arrows, Bolts, Potions, boots, etc.
- "Monster Modifiers" is a small enough category that it can fit in the other categories
- "Monsters" category is also very small (1/3 of a page) and could be combined with "Bosses"
- Since there is extra space, the "Misc" category could be split up to help prevent people from overlooking the link for guides. I would suggest leaving "Dungeoneering", "Mercenaries", and "Cube Recipes" together, and moving the others to a new column.
- The Character Attribute categories are all short and might be better as a single category, so new players don't have to hop between so many pages to learn what was changed.
Analytics page: https://www.pathofdiabloanalytics.com/
Major Changes from Vanilla
There are some changes that don't really fit in any of the categories listed on the main page and aren't listed on the wiki. I think the main page could be organized so that some of this stuff is linked to, but with it locked, I don't see a good place to make page(s) for it. Many of these changes are listed in the 2018 reddit guide by redmic.
- The inventory has been increased in size from 10x4 to 10x9, and charms only work when placed in the original 10x4 space (charm inventory)
- The stash has been increased in size from 6x8 to 10x10
- You may now create up to 18 characters per account (use the arrow keys to go up/down the list)
- Characters are automatically permanent instead of needing 2 hours of game time to become that way
- Fast Self-Muling: Games become permed after 30 seconds and persist for 5 minutes without anyone present
- Quickly move items to stash or ground via control/shift clicking
- Slaying the Cow King no longer prevents players from opening a portal to the secret cow level
- Multiple Shrine effects can be active simultaneously
- new Move Only skill allows players to move around without attacking or casting accidentally
- Item drops are set at "Players 8" (as if there are always 8 players in the game)
- Rune droprates increase less exponentially and more linearly - higher runes are still increasingly rare, but less rare than they were
- Some areas have been removed:
- Act I Cave (in Cold Plains) is now only a single level (was 2)
- Act I Crypt (in Burial Chambers) is gone
- Act I Jail now has 2 levels (down from 3)
- Act I Catacombs now has 3 levels (down from 4)
- Act I Forgotten Tower entrance level is gone
- Act II Stony Tomb (in Rocky Waste) is now only a single level (was 2)
- Act II Maggot Lair now has 2 levels (down from 3)
- Act III Ruined Fane (in Kurast Causeway) is gone
- Act III Disused Reliquary (in Kurast Causeway) is gone
- Allies' gear can be inspected
- Advanced Character Sheet: see many stats you couldn't see before ("8" is the default hotkey)
- Options to automatically party up or permit loot when players join
- Screen info (game name/pass, difficulty, etc) is customizable and includes a timer
- Global chat system (type /chat)
- "First to reach level..." announcements
- Games can be created with a specific server by entering it (e.g. GS 1) into the third input field (previously called Game Description)
- Servers now reset every 3 hours (time since last reset is shown when games are created)
- The game list shows all joinable public games instead of just Normal, Nightmare, or Hell games (games can be filtered on the PoD site)