|(14 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)|
|−|This is a new stat that can spawn on jewels. It makes single-target skills do splash damage in an aoe around the target you hit. This helps make melee builds viable as they will no longer need to hit every single monster one at a time. It does not work with AoE skills such as Whirlwind. Your splash damage is always equal to your Normal Attack tooltip so switch to Normal Attack and open your character sheet to see your splash damage. You can equip a melee splash jewel anywhere on your character or mercenary, not just the weapon slot. |+|
| || |
Melee Splash] will deal 100% of normal attack damage in a AoE cone when you hit an enemy.<br /> |+|
|−|The skill you attack with itself therefore does not add to the splash damage. So for example if I attack with [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Sacrifice_(Diablo_II) Sacrifice] and [http://diablo. wikia. com/wiki/Might Might], [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Might Might] will increase normal attack damage so it will increase splash damage too.<br /> |+|
|−|However [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Sacrifice_(Diablo_II) Sacrifice] does not increase normal attack and therefore adds no bonus to melee splash. <br /> |+|
|−|Also, On Striking (hit) effects work on the splash AoE but not On Kill or On Attack effects.<br /> |+|
|−|If you want to see how much splash damage you do, or what affects the splash damage, simply equip Normal Attack on your left click and look at the damage. <br /> |+|
[https://i.gyazo.com/fa2ec022e9eeb6d2c67299c3331b8c06.png ]of normal
attack damage in a conehit. <br />
to damage. and . . , [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Might Might] will damage [http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Sacrifice_(Diablo_II) Sacrifice]
does not .
On Striking (hit) effects the splash AoE but not On Kill or On Attack effects.<br />
damage splash damage , on
Latest revision as of 20:27, 2 September 2020
A new jewel that contains the new mod melee attacks deal splash damage.
How to Acquire
The melee splash jewel is a new jewel prefix (Brute's) capable of spawning on jewels dropped from all monsters in all difficulties, starting from act 1 normal. The same mod also spawns randomly in rare jewels at all item levels.
When socketed in any gear slot, it applies a new attack modifier that adds splash damage in a cone-shaped area of effect around any enemy targeted by a melee attack. Each monster in the area of effect rolls a separate chance to hit, even if the initial target is missed. This jewel helps melee builds compete with the clearing speed of elemental casters, as melee characters are now capable of killing multiple enemies with a single swing. See below for FAQ:
- Melee Splash damage is ever equal to your Normal Attack tooltip damage. To determine this, switch to Normal Attack and open your character sheet. Consequently, this damage is not affected by skill-based damage modifiers. For example, a Normal Attack while Might aura is active on right-click will be applied to Melee Splash damage as well; however, subsequently selecting Sacrifice on left-click and attacking will not apply any additional Melee Splash damage.
- Each enemy within the effective cone of Melee Splash damage will roll its own chance to hit depending on the usual formula. Melee skills bonuses to Attack Rating do apply to this calculation
- This stat does not work with AoE skills such as Whirlwind.
- On Striking (hit) effects will apply to all enemies the splash AoE but not On Kill or On Attack effects.
- The damage dealt by melee splash jewel is ranged damage and suffers from ranged penalties, (ie: crushing blow) as well as triggering ranged life on hit instead of melee life on hit.
- As Melee Splash damage counts as a ranged attack / missile it suffers from a next hit delay (NHD) of 2 frames.